Successful reward: RM 720 - RM 960
DESKTOP SUPPORT ENGINEER JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Industry :
- Computer/Information Technology
- Monthly Salary :
- RM3,000 - RM4,000 (depending on experience)
- Probation period:
- Working hours:
- Monday – Friday 09.00am - 18.00pm
- Annual Leave
- Public holidays according to labor law
- Job Location:
- Type of employment:
DESKTOP SUPPORT ENGINEER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform “Hands and Eyes support on in‐scope locations at manned sites (Dedicated) during supported hours, at direction of off‐site staff ( “Smart Hands and Feet” ) including:
- Execute instructions as provided and directed
- Reset/power cycle of equipment as requested
- Assist in replacing cables
- Assist in managing devices unreachable from the network
- Verify relevant information regarding target impacted asset (serial #, type…)
- Primary checks points regarding Ethernet traffic using led signal, electric power up & align, server panel error
- Share with Client any relevant information that might be available (recent power outage in local data room that could assist in the RCA)
- Reasonably assist external IT Suppliers (e.g. Hardware maintenance Supplier, Network connected Printer or Multi‐Function Printer supplier, Telco provider) to perform onsite work where required at manned sites (Dedicated)
- Backup tape rotation, media retention and externalization at manned sites (Dedicated) where instructed by client.The Supplier is not responsible for tape back‐ up or any loss of data.
- Plug & Play Components Exchange (e.g. hot swap hard drive change),However while performing hot swap, supplier will not be responsible for data loss or hardware failure.
- Provide L1 support to non‐network attached printers
- Provide Level 2 on‐site support for in‐scope locations
- Provide Incident determination and Resolution.
- Provide desktop swap‐out, Level 2 hardware and system software support (to include but not limited to Engineering workstations, laptops, desktops, Smart Phones/Tablets and other devices as mutually agreed and defined ) coordinated through the Service Desk.
- For desktop and servers, perform upgrades not covered by installation services purchased.
- The Supplier will not be held liable for any accidental damages or voiding of warranties.
- Provide informal End User training on and laptops
DESKTOP SUPPORT ENGINEERJOB REQUIREMENT:
Most Important Requirement (Focus on the bold)
- Minimum 3 years Hardware Support working experience.
- At least Diploma/Degree in any field
To be reveal during interview.